What’s your networking brand?
- What do people say about you?
- What comes to mind when they think about you?
- What adjectives do they use to describe you?
- What emotions do you evoke?
Make no mistake about it, your networking brand is critical to your networking success.. It determines the quality and quantity of introductions and leads that you receive. It drives the number of invitations you receive and how much people will reach out to really, I mean really, help you.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do your networking contacts perceive you to be a taker rather than a giver?
- Do you have contacts that have been generous and forthcoming with you and for whom you have never made any sort of introduction, even to a referral source?
- Do you follow-up and follow-through in a timely manner or do you let your introductions go unanswered?
- Do people trust your instincts and are your introductions well thought out?
So back to my starting question: what’s your networking brand? Take a few moments to reflect upon what you stand for in the networking world, re-engineer if necessary and then watch your results increase as your networking “cred” improves!